Popular Post

Posted by : Unknown Apr 23, 2015

So I am running the Youtube channel for Drop Dice which will be my main avenue of teaching and discussing games with the public this blog will serv as an expansion of ideas I brought up in past videos or like to day a random piece of game stuff.

Backgrounds are one of my favorite things in Dungeons & Dragons 5e and taking the time to customize backgrounds will have a nice way to work your players into the story. To day I am presenting one of my custom backgrounds I made for a post apocalyptic fantasy game where the elder god Chaos touched the material plane and left it in shambles.The refugee is a person directly effected by the catastrophe of his presence.

Background - Refugee

Skill Proficiencies: Medicine, Survival
Tool Proficiencies: Herbalism Kit
Languages: One of your choice
Equipment: A staff, a hunting trap, a set of traveler's clothes, an herbalism kit, and 5 gp


Feature: Survive
You have spent a lifetime wandering and meeting those who would be sympathetic to your plight. While in a city you can find those who will support you at a poor lifestyle. In addition, you can always find places to shelter yourself from the elements and hostile creatures at night, reducing the odds of being surprised. GM should modify the random encounter chart to account for this feature


Suggested Characteristics
d8
Personality Trait
1
I'm not sure when my next meal will be so I am constantly eating something.
2
I collect souvenirs from every place I've been.
3
I always have a plan for when things go wrong.
4
I have spent so much time drifting I have little practical experience dealing with city dwellers.
5
I'm not sure when my next meal will be so I hoard and ration food constantly.
6
I am utterly serene, even in the face of disaster.
7
I pocket anything I see that might have some value.
8
I watch over my friends as if they were a litter of pups.


d6
Ideal
1
Protector. My life is forfeit already, all I can do is protect those around me no matter the cost. (Good)
2
Tradition. Even though my city and people have been destroyed I will keep their traditions and beliefs alive through my actions. (Lawful)
3
Change. Chaos changed everything, those who do not think so are fools and will work to educate them. (Chaotic)
4
Survive. I will do things that many consider to be unethical in order to survive, my life is most important. (Evil)
5
People. One day I will find a place to call home. (Any)
6
Redemption. This is our chance to create something better than any civilization. (Good)


d6
Bonds
1
My lands were taken and made useless, one day I will have the strength to take back my home.
2
I have a family, but I have no idea where they are. One day, I hope to see them again.
3
I own little, but my honor and my word are my bond.
4
Someone close to me died because of a mistake I made. That will never happen again.
5
Where I lay my head is home, and I will fight to protect it.
6
I suffer awful visions of a coming disaster and will do anything to prevent it

d6
Flaw
1
I am a coward, conditioned to flee from the dangerous brought on by Chaos.
2
I left behind a spouse and child and it now brings me great shame.
3
I will never fully trust anyone other than myself.
4
I envy people who know their home, and I can't hide my resentment.
5
I'm constantly worried that I will never get to go home for one reason or another.
6
People who can't take care of themselves get what they deserve.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Drop Dice - Date A Live - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -